Dear OAGC Members,
65 years ago in 1955, OAGC President Daisy Sticksel gave the motto “Knowing, Growing, Showing and Sharing”. Today, the “Sharing” part seems all too relevant, given our current inability to convene, as we are so accustomed to doing. Intent on helping to fill this void, the Horticulture Department is promoting an OAGC 2020 Virtual Photo Contest just for you!
To participate begin by reviewing the accompanying flyer guidelines. Then scan your phone or digital album for 2020 photos that you’d like to share via email. Or take a new photo! There’s still time, the deadline to enter is October 31st. Exceptional entries will earn ribbon placement. First place awardees will be published in the spring issue of The Garden Path, after which an online link will be shared to view all entries.
Go ahead! Make Daisy proud!
2020-2022 State Horticulture Chair @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Photo Contest
● Garden Scene
- Open to all OAGC members. Photographs must be taken by the member in 2020.
- Email entries to: email@example.com
- Enter OAGC PHOTO CONTEST in the
- Identify your name, address, phone
number, garden club and region.
- Identify the category or categories you are entering. Submit as many entries as you wish.
- Identify plants where possible and the name of any garden.
- Judging will be conducted online by a panel of OAGC regional horticulture chairs. Decisions of the judges are final.
Each category will be awarded first, second, third and fourth place ribbons, to be mailed to each recipient. First place photos will be published in the spring issue of The Garden Path, afterwhich, an online link will be shared to view all entries.
Entry Deadline: October 31, 2020
Questions? Contact: Julie Divelbiss, 2020-2022 State Horticulture Chair