Design Study was Facebook live, watch it here.661 Spink Street Wooster , OH. 44691
Design Study, Joy Strine-Sprang
The Ohio Association of Garden Clubs, Inc. has the responsibility of keeping its flower show judges and exhibitors alike up-to-date on current and new design introductions. The objective of the Design Study department is to encourage interest in flower arranging. Floral designs from the traditional to the latest creative styles will be studied. Flower arranging is an evolving art form, always progressing and changing. In order to keep current in the design world, articles will be published in The Garden Path and design study workshops will be planned throughout the state. The Faye Collins Designer of the Year Contest falls under the direction of the Design Study department. Contest deadline is December 15.Brian Moody
19151 State Route 739
Richwood, OH. 43344
Faye Collins Designer of the Year Contest – This contest recognizes designers based on photographs of arrangements that are submitted. There are 5 design categories in this contest: Period Design, Traditional Design, Ikebana Design, Creative Design, and Holiday and/or Special Occasion Design. Entries are submitted to the state design study chair by December 15 and awards are presented at the annual convention. The application/scorecard form can be found HERE.
The contest entries will be scored by judges selected by the state design study chair. Certificates will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winners in each class by the state design study chair at convention. The top design, selected from the 1st place winners in each class, will be presented with the Faye Collins Designer of the Year Award by Faye Collins McGinnis and will receive an award plaque at convention.
Duties of State Design Study Chair
In addition to department chair duties listed HERE, the Design Study chair duties also include:
• Encourage regional workshops to study Oriental, traditional and creative designs
• Prepare timely articles on the newer designs for The Garden Path
• Conduct a design study workshop the first evening of each Exhibitors’ and Judges’ School
• Compile a current list, sorted by regions, of potential design instructors and topics. This list is to be available upon request. The contracting group is responsible for all expenses.
• Organize the regional design display (where each region in the state provides a design for display) for the annual convention. This display offers an educational opportunity not only for convention attendees but also for the regional designers who provide the display. (Note: Each design should include a short written description and list of plant material for display.)
• Conduct and receive entries for the Faye Collins Designer of the Year Contest, select committee to judge entries and present award at the annual convention.