Flower Show competitions can be a great educational opportunity for both the exhibitor and the viewer. Below are upcoming flower shows and links to the flower show schedules, if available.
- April 26, 2018: Tuslaw Garden Club and Dalton Garden Club, ‘ Western Roundup ‘ Open to the Public 4-7 pm. Chapel of the Cross United Methodist Church (14411 Orrville St. NW, North Lawrence, OH 44666). Contact Margie Schultz at email@example.com.
- May 19 & 20, 2018: Region 4 Flower Show: Springdale Community Center (11999 Lawnview Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45246), ‘Once Upon a Time… Disney,’ Open to the public, 1-5 pm each day. Contact: Joyce Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 25-27, 2018: OAGC Annual Convention Flower Show
- July 18: Open Gate Garden Club Flower Show: Madison County Historical Society (260 E. High Street, London, OH). Free and open to public from 1-4 pm
- July 15 and 18, 2018: Crawford County Fair Flower Shows: The Earth Wind and Flowers Garden Club has designated “Fun Flower Phrases” as the theme for the Crawford County Fair flower shows, 2018. The first show on Sunday, July 15 is subtitled “Bloom Where You are Planted” with classes like ‘The Earth Laughs in Flowers’, a creative mass, ‘Every Rose Has Its Thorn” a creative named design, and ‘Nip It in the Bud’ as a small design. ‘Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries’ becomes a table picture, exhibition style. The second show, opens Wednesday, July 18 with “Never Promised you a Rose Garden”. ‘A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss’ is to be a Hogarth Curve and ‘Don’t Beat Around the Bush’ an all foliage design. For more titles and details including horticulture, contact June Gebhardt at 419-569-7177 or email@example.com.
- July 23 and 26: Knox County Garden Clubs: Knox County Fair, Jul. 22-28 in Mount Vernon. Jul. 23, horticulture flower show; Jul. 26, artistic flower show, ‘Summer Observances.’ Entries are open to the world. Contact Jo Ann Graham at 740-397-5156.
- August 4 and 8: Champaign County Fair Flower Shows: Champaign County Federation of Garden Clubs is sponsoring the Champaign County Fair Flower Shows in Urbana. Theme: ‘Let’s Go to The Movies,’ Contact Deborah Graham at 937-747-2474.
- August 6 and 9: Scioto County Fair Flower Shows: Scioto County Garden Clubs will present flower shows at the Scioto County Fair at the fairgrounds in Lucasville, Ohio. The theme “Celebrations” will be displayed in traditional and creative designs August 6 and 9 senior and junior designers. For more information call Pamela Scarfpin at 740-820-8409 or Pam.firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 10-12: Knox County Garden Clubs: Aug. 10-12, ‘Historic Mount Vernon’ Flower Show’ at the Living Center (North Main Street) in Mount Vernon. Entries are open to the world. Contact Audrey Spearman at 740-397-1962.
August 13 and 16: The Meigs County Fair Flower Show will be held at the Meigs County Fairgrounds on Monday, August 13 and Thursday, August 16. Judging begins at 1:00 p.m. each day. This year’s theme is “Decades of Disney,” with arrangers creating designs related to a Disney film or cartoon. For further information, contact Shirley Hamm at 740-949-2256 or Joy Bentley at 740-992-2365 or by email at email@example.com